Recent Events and activities
Submitted by karfes on Fri, 2013-09-27 15:23
- Dr. Kenneth Kaduki, the department of physics chairman was invited to participate in the reference group in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe for the international Science Programme in physics (IPPS), Uppsala university, Sweden on 12-13 September 2013.
- An ALC workshop was first held in Kenya at Egerton university from 08/09/2013 to 13/09/2013 and Dr. Z. Birech was one of the facilitators. The workshop tittled "Lasers in teaching and Research: Theory and applications" was attended by participants from Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, South Africa and DR congo. Emily Otieno and Moses who are MSc (Physics) students from the deparment of physics, UON were among the aparticipants.
- The MSc(physics) student Emily Otieno was invited and atteded the "First African Summer school on optics and applications to sustainable Development (ASOSD)" held in Tunis Tunisia from 31/08/2013 to 08/09/2013. She also gave an oral presentation on her LIBS research.
- Dr. Angeyo was nominated to perticipate in the technical meeting of the "International Nuclear Security Education Network" held at IAEA's headquarters in Vienna, Austria on 14th August 2013.
- Prof. Stuart Baker, professor of movement neuroscience at the institute of Neuroscience, Newcastle, UK gave an interesting seminar at the physics department titled "Characterizing Primate Brainstem Circuits using electrophysiological methods" on 12th August 2013.
- Dr. R.J. Musembi, a lecturer at the department of physics attended the "solar energy for world peace conference" in Istanbul Turkey on August 17-19 2013 where he gave a poster presentation titled "Electrophoretic deposition of TiO2/Nb2O5 composite electrode thin films for photovoltaic application"
Frequency of Publication: