The printer was donated by Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI), USA during the
COVID-19 Response in Africa Online Educational Training hoted by WPI in July
2020. The trainnings focussed in the following five project areas:
- 3D Printing of COVID-19 Supplies to Hospitals in Africa
- Design, Fabrication and Testing of Ventilators
- Adaptation and Testing of Medical Robotics in Hospital & Home Scenarios.
- Development of Train the Trainer Modules for K-12 Training Modules in Math, Science, Robotics and 3D Printing
- Co-Teaching of Train the Trainer Modules in Robotics, Biomedical Engineering and Additive Manufacturing & Materials.
Ender 3D printer
Facilities and Equipment