1. Community Service
- Dr. Sabastian Waita, was appointed by the National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) as a Committee member, Advisory policy on solar power for houses and businesses in April 2020. This policy will influence the regulatory framework instituted by the Kenya Government on solar home/businesses systems.
- Dr. S. Waita also directed the addition more solar panels to premises, and installation and commissioning of a 240W solar Photovoltaic system at a Secondary School. This activity enhances the uptake of the PV systems, which consequently has a direct positive effect on the environment, besides contributing to the meeting of the SDG on energy.
- The following staff served in School Board of Governors
- Prof. Julius M. Mwabora- Voi Secondary School (Member), Taita Taveta County and Mwakichuchu Secondary School (Member), Taita Taveta County.
- Dr. Sebastian Waita- Kalumbi secondary (Member), Makueni County and Gigiri secondary School (Member), Makueni County.
- Dr. Robinson Musembi –Katwala Secondary School (Chairman) and Kanzau Secondary School, Kitui County.
2. UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI SPORTSDAY 2021-LAUNCH
The main objectives of the UON Sports Day is to bring the University of Nairobi community together and socialize through the medium of sports
Inculcate a culture of competitiveness among the University staff and students
The 1st edition of UON Sports day was held in February, 2018,the 2nd Edition was held in march,2019,the 2020 Edition was not held due to the outbreak of Covid-19 Pandemic
The 2021 will be the 3rd Edition to be held on19/3/2021.Various teams will be presented during these games. They will be drawn from:
- University Colleges and Campuses (including Mombasa and Kisumu)
- University College and Campuses staff team (including main campus and SWA)
2. 10th FASU Games Pushed to 2022
In consideration of the current global COVID19 pandemic, The FASU Executive Committee, at its meeting held on 30th April 2020 approved a proposal to postpone the 10th FASU Games, Kenyatta 2020 and its related activities/ events to 2022.
This followed various engagements and reviews with stakeholders and the realization that the impact of the Pandemic on national and international travels amongst other program and budgetary adjustments.
“The whole world is on a standstill. It is just prudent that we move the games to the next cycle to allow the world to heal. We shall communicate the actual dates following farther discussions with the Organizing Committee.” Said Ms. Penninah K. Aligawesa the FASU Secretary General.
FASU plans to however host an NUSF conference and seminar in Kampala, December 2020 on post COVID 19 regrouping.