At the Department of Physics our Corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities aim to involve the students in contributing to the societal goals of a philanthropic, activist, or charitable nature or by engaging in or supporting volunteering or ethically-oriented practices that are geared towards improving the lives of the neighbourhood.
Peer mentors club is one of the students' organization in the School of Physical Sciences. Some of their activities includes;
- Environmental conservation
- Mentorship –Career mentoring, Individual mentoring, Parenting programs/mentoring, Hostel/Custodian mentoring
- Counselling and guidance
- Training in career, businesses, innovation, technology etc.
- Building talents
- Sourcing sponsorship for needy students and youths with justification
- Running programs on television and Radio stations in order to access every youth
Due to the effect of Covid-19 pandemic their activities were scaled down and they only managed to visit one school in Kitui county to mentor students and plant trees in the school compound.
Tree planting Exercise